Friday, April 26, 2013

Today was a good day. Doctors woke me up at 6am. Came in pulled my bandage off and said he was putting in the order to have my catheter removed. Before he walked out the door I asked him what my creatinine was and he said "0.9, BAM" did some crazy emeril lagasse move and split hahaha. I started peeing about 2 hours after the catheter was removed and go about every hours 4-600ml at a time. Drank a lot of water today. My other doctor told me that yesterday the new kidney put out 7 liters in one day!! This kidney sure is working!

Ron came up here about 8am and stayed all day with me and is gonna spend the night. He's been my nurse today and we've even promoted him to doctor- he earned his long white coat :) my dad came around 4 because I slept most of the day. They give me 50mg of Benadryl and 2 Norco before my thyroglobulin which basically knocks my immunosuppression down and since you can have a reaction they premedicate you so I was out COLD. It was nice to sleep a little.

My incision looks exactly the same as the old one just on the other side. It's getting easier and easier to move around and get out of bed. I've been taking pain meds around the clock so I can move around and get up to pee. I've also been getting heparin shots 3 times a day. These things are awful too! My thighs are full of bruises and blood.

They are still continuing to check my blood sugars 4 times a day. Today they lowered my prednisone to 80mg a day and that reflected in my blood sugars so we are on the right route.

This evening my aunt Faye, aunt pay, aunt sharon, an my old neighbors Fred and Lisa came to visit. It's always nice having ppl come visit it really breaks up the day :)

Today was also the Buffalo Wild Wings fundraiser. Ron went and got us carry out. Sara from work sent me a pic of everyone at work with their carry out :) too sweet!

I'm hopefully going home sometime tomorrow! Ill keep you all updated!

Xoxox britt



No comments:

Post a Comment